Powered by Blogger.

4.01.2006

Last night, I completely fell off the wagon. I had saved up 27 points for dinner and drinking since I'd been good. I also did 30 mins of kickboxing and walked 20 minutes before I got to the restaurant.

Needless to say, I was ravenous when I arrived at Koo, a little sushi place tucked away in the Inner Sunset that Karen and I have been dying to try.

The first strike was with the sake. It was freezing, and I spent 20 mins outside waiting for my connecting bus. So I got a small serving to warm me up. Then, a very nice, fruity sake came with our Spoonfuls of Happiness (yummmmmm!), which resulted in us ordering more sake.

Koo was amazing. Karen and I were situated at the sushi bar, where we watched the master chef prepare our yumminess.



Since I knew that sake was 3 points for 1/2 cup, I suggested that we drink wine instead. Karen brought a Gewurtzaminer. If only we'd stuck to that...



We tried practically everything from the specialty menu, but by far the best was the Spoonful of Happiness: Uni and Quail Egg in one spoon, Whitefish wrapped around Monkfish Pate in another, both drizzled with truffle oil ponzu sauce and accompanied by a shot of sake.


It ain't called the Spoonful of Happiness for nothin'


I was apprehensive about the uni, since I'd had it before and really hated it, but I wanted to try the Spoonful nonetheless.


Karen liked the food so much that she licked the plate... literally.


Afterwards, both buzzed and satiated, Eric Pop scooped us up and we all headed to Pink. What a pretentious club! I mean, inside its ok, but they were not letting people in at 10:00! When I asked the bouncer about that, he made some noises about exclusive parties. Huhn, as if letting in cute girls like us is problematic. I managed to get us in anyways, along with some guys that were turned away at the door. And when we got inside, it was totally empty!


The random guys we helped in last night - who thanked us by buying us drinks all night.


Agnes joined us a little while later...






All I can say is that I'm glad I was too trunk to remember what was going on here.

We were wasted, Karen more so than I. Dr. Pop dropped us off at my place, and she crashed here since both roomies are away. This morning, she woke me up in a panic, since she thought she's lost her wallet and phone.

Strike Two: In my drunked state, I of course got the munchies, and ended up eating 2 servings of Smart Pop popcorn. Yikes! That's 8 points... and considering dinner was something like 30, that puts me waaaaaay over my weekly points. What a bummer, since I'd been SO GOOD all week!

Now, everyone knows about drunk eating. So I just said, hey, what the hell - move on. Well, I didn't consider hangover eating! Strike three was basically all day today, when I had this need to eat all day long! I wasn't terrible if you don't count the Smart Pop. But I did eat a cupful of buttery and sweet popcorn, quite possibly the nastiest, greasiest popcorn ever made. I finally chucked the rest of it out and washed my face. Twice.

Oh well. Another week begins. But I have to say... last night was a lot of fun ;-)

0 comments:

 

About