Powered by Blogger.

4.02.2006

weight loss diary: week 3 of 15

Yoinks! Last night I took some herbal muscle relaxant to alleviate the pain in my jaw and totally did not get up this morning. Add in the time change confusion (I thought 12:00 was 11), I ended up not getting out of bed until around noon. I made getting up early one of my goals for April.

Overall, a good week... although I took a pretty hard fall off the wagon on Friday night...

*~*~*~*
Week 3 Stats, 3/26 - 4/1:
  • Weight: 129.5 lbs
  • Body Fat: 28.5%
  • Body Fat Lost: 0.5 lbs
  • Total Points: 195 (target = 186.5)
  • Average Steps: 6,145.3 per day

Pictures:













Me, 4/2/06. You can't tell from the pictures, but I fit better in the dress. I could see the difference when I put it on.


Workouts:
  • Goal: 3 workouts this week
  • Tues, 3/28: Elliptical 10 mins, Strength on Bosu 20 mins
  • Wed, 3/29: Spinning 10 mins, Kickboxing 30 mins
  • Fri, 3/31: Kickboxing 20 mins, Walk 20 mins

Accomplishments:
  • Renained pretty much on goal for most of the week
  • Had enough points saved up for a 27 point dinner on Friday
  • Did cardio kickboxing on Wed, and got my mojo back. I'm better than the teacher! (OK, she was a sub.)
  • Walked A LOT. I mean, most of my days were 7,000+ steps, which are not counted in AP
  • Went out on Thursday and stuck to my allocated 2 beers. Also I managed to resist the fried foods
  • Was at work at 9 or earlier

*~*~*~*
What Helped Me:
  • The blogs and boards, of course. WW and ExP ladies, you are fabulous! Thanks for all of your support.
  • Tracking, calcing, tracking, and recalcing. Excel is my best weight loss friend. I constantly recalculate my points for the day/week to understand the impact of my eating.
  • Salad and frozen food. Kept me full and happy post workout
  • Single-serve natural popcorn. 'Nuff said.
  • My friends. Love you all, especially the ones that helped me resist the alcohol on Thurs
  • Home workout videos. Did yoga on Sunday and cardio kickbox on Friday, which I might not have otherwise done for time reasons.

What Hurt Me:
  • Sake. Ouch - a total of 12 points just in sake alone on Friday. This doesn't take into account the 2 glasses of wine (4 points) or 2 glasses of champagne (6 points) that I guzzled on Friday.
  • Drunk eating. Hmmm... see a theme? While I was good on Thursday, I lost control on Friday. All that alcohol broke down my inhibitions for cheese-flavored popcorn and more alcohol! Not only that, but I was hangover eating on Sat. Bleh. I made a compromise with myself and am absorbing 7 of he 13 points over from last week into this coming week.
  • Didn't weigh in at WW this week. And its only week 2!
  • Overconfidence. Seriously. I clocked in at 129 earlier in the week and realized that I'd lost9 pounds. Great, right? Then on Friday, my scale said 127. This gave me a little too much confidence that I could just keep losing weight rapidly, and eventually turned into overeating/drinking on Friday night.

*~*~*~*
Week 3 Goals:
  • Work out 4x this week, including 1 solid hour of weight training. Currently planned: Spinning on Mon, Elliptical/Weights on Wed, Boxing on Thurs, Hip Hop on Sat
  • Target Points: 25.5 per day, 178.5 for week. Was supposed to be 185.5 for the week, but I am sucking up 7 of the 13.5 points that I went over this week. Compromise :-)
  • Steps: 6,000 per day
  • Weight Watchers meeting on Friday
  • Weight: 128 lbs
  • Finish weeks 1 and 2 of Body Intelligence program - I'm behind
  • Start reading The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
  • Return weight training books to Borders, make flashcards for the Shape program
  • Get my freakin car back!
Yeah, I fell off, but I'm climbing back on.

1 comments:

josey said...

at three workouts a week, it wont take long to get in the shape you want to be in. I need to take lessons from you. Good luck

 

About