Powered by Blogger.

4.23.2006

weight loss diary, week 6 of 15

Considering that on Friday night, I went to Myth for Agnes' bday dinner, then to Pink for drinks, and scarfed down popcorn when I got home, I didn't do all that badly points-wise. I was about 10 points over my target of 178.5 (which comes out to 25.5 per day), but still under the upper limit of 189 (27 points per day) - the amount recommended by my nutritionist, Janet McBride, for weight loss.

This is a nice surprise, considering how horrid I felt yesterday. Bleh.

*~*~*~*
Week 6 Stats, 4/16 - 4/22
  • Weight: 128.5lbs - up from this week's low of 126.8
  • Body Fat: 27.5%
  • Body Fat #s Lost: 0.54lbs
  • Total Points: 188.5
Workouts:
  • Sun, 4/16: Flow Yoga, 40 mins
  • Mon, 4/17: Weights, 60 mins
  • Tues, 4/18: Cardio Kickbox and Sculpt, 35 mins
  • Fri, 4/21: Cardio Kickbox and Sculpt, 25 mins
No pics this week - camera broken :-(


So I've posted my weight graph instead.

Accomplishments:
  • Stayed pretty well below my points allowance of 25.5 most of the week - even below 20 on some days. And wasn't hungry! :-)
  • Behaved at dinner at Myth on Friday night. I usually just eat and eat and eat when I'm at nice restaurants like this. However, I limited myself to small servings of the foie gras pasta, risotto, lamb and pork, and got a grilled scallops entree. I turned down bread, Walu fish, soup, and the beef cheek ravioli. [The strategy: Ate a serving of salad and roast chicken before going, so I wasn't starving for dinner.]
  • Moderated my drinking on Friday night: 2 glasses of wine at dinner, 1 beer, and 2 champagnes at Pink. I also drank water between every glass, and decided on 5 as my upper limit. And you know what? I'm a cheap date! I was good and toasted with 5 drinks (I usually go waaaaaay past that).
  • Did an hour of weight training on Monday, despite exhaustion.
  • Went to a meditation session on Tues with Carolyn. I didn't really like it, but I tried it.
  • Made the decision to start an abstinence program for alcohol. See more below.
*~*~*~*
What Helped Me:
  • Renewed optimism. After last week's fiasco, I decided to start over again without guilt. It helped!
  • Admitting that I have to do something about my drinking consumption. I was surprised by the number of people who not only supported me, but thanked me for being honest enough to talk about it. Its so taboo.
  • Commitment to growth. Seeing my weight loss as a microcosm of part of a larger growth journey has been significant in turning things around in my life.
  • Taking responsibility for my actions. I finally dealt with all my car/DMV bullsh*t on Monday, despite my absolutely utter impatience with the situation. TS says I'm learning to delay gratification, which is one of the biggest steps to being responsible.
  • Mom! Love her! Love the puppy!
  • Michelle, my most fabulous acupuncturist - whose dedication to my well being is just amazing.
What Hurt Me:
  • Surprisingly, my car. I've noticed that now that I have it back and functioning, I walk A LOT less... mostly because I don't have to trek to public transpo. Also, I don't know - its like a safety net, and I find myself running late again. I'm going to try to adjust that.
  • My freaking TMJ! I'm so over this jaw pain. I didn't work out on Thurs because of it, and I'm not sleeping well again.
  • The general lessening of enthusiasm that comes with a long term commitment. Ah well. I'm still following the plan, just not thinking about it. Is that good, in that its becoming a part of my life? Or bad, because I'm not focusing as much?
*~*~*~*
Week 7 Goals
  • Work out at the gym again. Its great that I'm working out at home - hey, better than nothing, right? - but I am still paying for a gym, and I feel like I'll get a better workout there. At the very least, I'll feel more fierce. I'll decide at the end of June whether or not I want to quit.
  • Workout Schedule:
    ~ Today: Bikram
    ~ Mon (maybe): Spinning. Monday are "me" days
    ~ Tues: Bhangra / Elliptical and Weights
    ~ Thurs: Boxing
    ~ Sat: Elliptical and Weights
  • Go to WW meeting this week. I've used up all of my missed meetings allowance :-(
  • Get Responsible Drinking book and start 30 day abstinence program
  • Target: 25.5 points per day, 17.5 APs per week
  • Really lose that pound. I mean, its been going back and forth for 3 damn weeks!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you plan on increasing you lifting at all to help you lose weight. If you weight train you will increase muscle which will then increase fat consumption because muscle mass loves to eat fat mass. I have stumbled across a blog that talks about a tool that will help manage your weight training routine. I asked the gentlemen for a copy of the excel and he was more than willing to send me a copy. It is a very intelligent tool with little effort needed by the user. The blog is called "Work Smarter Not Harder." http://weighttrainingdata.blogspot.com/

 

About