I've been inspired by Corinne to get serious about losing that fat. I mean, I feel awful about the way I look. It'll definitely be a challenge given that my ankle is still not healed, but also with the upcoming holidays and going out to eat with the boy. Which, don't get me wrong, I totally love, but it's a lot harder to track and control consumption, especially since we are both foodies and big wine drinkers.
So - back to the plan that worked for me before: a weekly goal, check in, and Hall of Shame of really really embarrassing pictures. I'm going full out this time and posting bikini shots. Seriously, I'm cringing looking at them.
To kick this off, I've done the following:
- Engaged Ryan Miller as a personal trainer. 2x a week, 30 min sessions. I'm being realistic here and focusing on strengthening my legs and core, rather than pushing the fat loss quickly. I really won't be able to kick cardio into high gear - or even work out consistently - until I can actually walk on my ankle :-)
- Working with Alison Blair for nutrition counseling. I'm at a loss of what to eat all the time, and end up eating crap. I also need a serious kitchen makeover.
- Bought a brand new set of pots from Costco, so I'll cook more (theoretically)
- Weight: 125 lbs
- Size: A comfortable 6
- Body Fat: 25%
- Timeframe: Feb 2014
- Cook consistently and eat healthier
- Habit of working out 4x/week
Not terribly unreasonable, eh?
This week (11/4):
- Weight: 130lbs
- Body Fat: 30%
- 2 workouts with Ryan. I'm traveling to Glendale so it'll be hard to do more
- Possibly Pilates at BodyFi on tues. Have to pack for Glendale, though, and with my Pumpkin issues, not sure how painful that's going to be
- Track on MyFitnessPal
- 5,000 steps/day
- Limit meat to 1x/day, 5 days this week
- Limit consumption of alcohol to 6 glasses, and eating out (not counting Glendale to 2x
And here's the awful picture...