Powered by Blogger.

4.07.2006

a rainy evening walk

Tonight, I had a guided meditation session after work. I felt so at peace and relaxed with my new awareness of the world that, instead of calling a cab, I decided to take a leisurely trip through Noe and the Mission before heading home.

First, I stopped in a little coffee shop across the street from my session called Cafe XO. Adorable! It was cozy warmth in the midst of chilly rain, and I just sat with a cup of tea, observing the other patrons.

Then I hopped on the J train to 16th and Church, and walked over to Ti Couz on Valencia. Luckily, I had my umbrella (which I almost never carry with me), so I was able to stroll through the on-and-off rain. I picked up a dozen savory and sweet crepes for our impromptu dinner tomorrow night, as well as some mushrooms, eggs, tomatoes, fresh herbs and fruit. While I was waiting, I made some calls to mes amis, inviting them to me and Karen's last-minute hibernation and wine feast.

As I was talking to Eric Pop about his imminent move out of Casa 420, the 22 pulled up and I almost got run over crossing the street on a red light! But I made it to 17th and Rhode Island in one piece, and waited in the rain for the 19 to come. The guy who was waiting with me hailed down a cab in inpatience (the 19 comes once every 10 years, it seems), and as he was getting in, he asked me where I was headed. Since we were only a block away from each other, he motioned for me to hop in, which I gratefully did.

I fumbled around my purse for some money to give him, but he shook me off. "Don't worry," he said. "I was going this way anyway." As I clambored out of the cab with my bookbag, purse, umbrella and 3 bags, I could only be grateful for the ride. "I hope you have a fantastic weekend despite the rain," I said, waving him away. Then came home and settled in for the night.

It was actually quite a lovely evening.

0 comments:

 

About