Powered by Blogger.

4.05.2006

a pisser of a day

Hopefully, it will lead to nice arms.

It started off promising... weather cleared up, I got to work early. But then I had a totally unpleasant debate with this a**hole who works here. I swear, this man has NO social skills, emotional intelligence or anything that makes him remotely personable. I already had to step in and stop a shouting match that he was having at my team on Monday morning. Then today, he comes downstairs to lecture me about why the solution I proposed for a problem caused by his irresponsibility is wrong because, essentially, I'm a moron.

Well, the way he put it was, "You clearly don't understand how this works." I reiterated several times that I did in fact understand how it works, I just disagreed. I finally had to tell him that while I appreciated his effort to explain, I did NOT appreciate his condescending attitude towards me just because I did not agree.

Truth be told, I'm rather proud of how I handled him. It just left me irritable the rest of the day.

I wanted to burn off the anger by working out, so I went to the 24 Hour Fitness near A's place. I got even more pissed when the salesguy that I had to talk to for my free pass totally wasted my time, was completely inflexible, had the nerve to argue with me, and then tried to charge me $15 for the workout because I wouldn't buy his pitch. His manager actually came out because I "looked like [I] was ready for a smackdown." I replied, "If I were thinking about joining the club, your employee just changed my mind."

As it turned out, this sales associate was young, dumb and had already gotten a talkin-to because of this before. As his manager said, "I just told him today that selling is not an argument you can win." The manager gave me a 30 day pass, apologized, and sent me on my way.

When I finally got around to working out, I hit the gym HARD. I tried out their pathetic Turbo Kick Box class. Lame-o! Instructor couldn't even punch, much less do any good combos. It was like a glorified step class with "punching" and "kicking". So I skipped out after 10 minutes, rowed furiously for like 35 seconds, and almost passed out from exhaustion! I managed to stay on for another 10 minutes before I finally gave up and just pounded on the treadmill.

Then I grabbed some hand weights, a stability ball, and thought about all the people I wanted to beat up. That motivated me to work out my arms, my chest, and my abs. I want to look hot when I beat them up.

Now I'm super-sore from idiotically doing 2 days of intense arm work in a row. And I'm going boxing tomorrow... At least everything turned out good, and I feel great from working out.

0 comments:

 

About