Powered by Blogger.

4.12.2006

"hi, is there something you want to tell me?"

I talked to Jamie, my best friend from college today, after months of busy-ness for both of us. He called me after I left the following voicemail on his cell:

Hi, have you had a sex change? Call me.

When I called his cell, the voicemail message was completely professional, but recorded in a female voice. Since Jamie and his voice are both distinctly male, I just figured it was his girlfriend.

In the middle of the conversation, Jamie wondered why I kept bringing up the sex change deal.

Me: Well, you know the voice on your vm message is female, right?
Jamie: No! Are you serious?
Me: Yeah - why would I leave a message like that otherwise?
Jamie: I just figured you were being a smartass.
Me: Well, I am... but there's a reasoning for it.
Jamie: Holy crap, someone must be playing a joke on me. I didn't even know!
Me: I wonder why none of your other friends have mentioned this to you?
Jamie: So do I...

We parted with his vow to call his own voicemail and get to the bottom of this. I'm glad Jamie is still a guy, because at 6'4", he's really too tall and too hairy to make a good woman.

Lesson of the Day: Check your outgoing message occasionally, and follow up on any inquiries regarding sex changes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Serena

I just saw that you included Lean Long & Strong on your list of suggested books at Amazon. Thank you!

And keep at the training. It IS training weather!

Stay strong

Wini

 

About