Powered by Blogger.

10.16.2005

training diary, week 9: baby, i'm back

I'm not only back on track, but on a f****ing roll! Since everyone's been gone at Odyssey this week, I've managed to work out every day at lunch, except for Wednesday. Plus I'm pretty sure my metabolism is going up, because I've become this non-stop eating machine.

*~*~*~*

Training Diary, Week 8
Weight: 127.5 lb
Body Fat: 30% - Yeah, haven't been measured
Fitness Level: "I'm the king of the world!"


Me and Caro at Koh Samui, 10/13


Workout Record:

  • Sunday, Elliptical @ Home, 30 mins
  • Monday, Elliptical @ Home, 30 mins; Weight Training, 60 mins
  • Tuesday, Elliptical @ Gym, 30 mins
  • Thursday, Elliptical @ Gym, 24 mins; Weight Training on BOSU, 45 mins
  • Friday, Personal Training with Mark, 60 mins
  • Saturday, Elliptical @ Home, 30 mins

*~*~*~*

I feel good. I'm once again back to my endorphin junkie addiction state - on Friday, I was meeting Mark at 4:00, but by noon, I desperately wanted to work out, because I was so used to going at lunch!

The one thing I definitely noticed is that it takes a few weeks for the affects to show on your body. For example, my McDonalds-junk food rampage a few weeks ago showed up last week (yuck!) and inspired me to start pushing the limits. So I'm not terribly worried that I don't see immediate results.

The best part of my renewed (real) love for fitness is that I feel like myself again. I remember that for years, I was the active one who loved moving, who was in great shape, who was stronger than you would expect a 5'2 chick to be, and who was a total endorphin junkie. These past couple of years with the nasty fatness and lethargy have just been horrid... Its like the sensation you feel when you take cold medicine and your head is in a bubble. You know its temporary, but you don't feel quite yourself. Except that my body was in a bubble (of fat!). I don't care what anyone says - I can accept that I'm not going to be a size 0 again, but I refuse to accept that I will be out of shape just because of my age.

In other fitness-related news, I talked to my mommy yesterday, and she weighs less than me! She still claims to be a size 12 - which I think is bullsh!t because I'm sure she hasn't gone and tried on new clothes - but she weights 125 now. I'm so proud of her! She lost 20 lbs. PLUS, her doctor gave her adjusted medicine for her cholestrol and diabetes because she made so much improvement.

Mommy and me are the dynamic duo this week :-) Ok, I'm going to work out now...

0 comments:

 

About