Powered by Blogger.

10.29.2005

halloween hiding

I noticed something about myself today. This past year, I tend to duck in and hide whenever there's a big SF hoo-ha going on. During Bay to Breakers, I holed up at home to study for the GMATs. (Unsuccessfully, as it turns out... 'twas the day of the infamous Fernando-Beeramid fiasco.) This weekend, I'm avoiding Halloween festivities in favor of finishing my Berkeley essays.

Gawd, I'm getting old.

But seriously, I've done the drunken reveling in the Castro. I've done the drunken reveling in the clubs. I've done the drunken reveling at the house parties. And I just don't feel like being drunk anymore. Beyond the fact that I'm still completely hungover from way too many Sweet Georgias last night at Fly Bar.

So here I am, on a Saturday night, the weekend of Halloween, with my phone off, buying music from the iTunes Store. Which, btw, is a frickin' amazing thing... $9.99 for a whole album, and it just downloads! Beats shopping on Amazon. I'm (legally) loading up on some music that I've been meaning to get for ages, and rediscovering my appreciation for Fiona Apple.

\m/

On a completely different note, my cousin just got back from volunteering in Nola - which I never knew stood for New Orleans. Somehow, we've become a family of do-gooders. Or at least our generation has. I'm so proud of him! *Hug*

0 comments:

 

About