Powered by Blogger.

4.01.2005

a girl's day

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.

~ Laurie Kuslansky

There are just some days where you know how fortunate you are by the girlfriends that you have.

After days of rain, the weather cleared up for a gorgeous Friday. Today was Laura's last day working at eBay (haha, I'm her client!) so we went to lunch with Marie and Marissa.

It was great to see Marie again. We'd only met a couple of other times, most notably during Halloween 2003, but she's totally fun. As a bonus, she also works in my building, and was enthused about going to the eBay gym with me! I'd been looking for a workout buddy for a while to motivate me, and just the other day, Virginia and I made a pact to finally go to kickboxing every Wednesday. Now I have another gym/lunch buddy, which will make the long commute down worthwhile.

After work, I swung by Victoria's Secret to stock up on some basics. I'd always been a staunch no-underwire girl, but after being refitted, the sales girl convinced me to try on some of their more comfortable underwire bras. Its like a whole new world opened up! I'd always been limited to super-boring basics because of my aversion to underwire (90% of the bras out there have underwire), so now I can pick so many more styles. Yay!

I rushed home and met up with Michelle and Becky for some crispy Hong Kong noodles at Go-Go Cafe, and then we headed out to - you're not going to believe this - an Asian party. Not only an Asian party, but a Tribecca party. Surprisingly, I had a good time. We were at a mellow new bar on Geary called Alpha Bar, and we hung out with the owners for a while.



Of course, to prepare myself for the Asianess, I had quite a few drinks. Michelle was already on a roll, and this led to some interesting encounters. First, Michelle dared me to kick her ass, so I gave her a huge wedgie - she had to go to the bathroom to fix it :-) Then, Becky and Mich dared me to moon the Toyota dealer guy who was still working at midnight. Somehow, we ended up in caloric stupor at Jack in the Crack, before we headed home.

0 comments:

 

About