Powered by Blogger.

10.11.2005

training diary, week 8: bloat!

*Sigh* No matter how good I am, how much I excercise, or how well I eat, I cannot fight against nature and NOT BLOAT.

Grrr.

Not that I've been even remotely good with the eating this past week. There was a little bit of emotional upheaval, combined with laziness from having finished the GMATs (don't ask how they are remotely related!). I confess, I went to McDonald's. And KFC. And had pizza. And lasagne. Twice. And some fabulous pastries from Cafe Madeline. Oh, and Kim came back from vacation and brought some chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, so of course, I had to eat those.

BUT... I have been exercising :-)

*~*~*~*
Training Diary, Week 8
Weight: 128.5 lbs
Body Fat: I don't even want to think about it.
Fitness Level: Actually, pretty good - have been going to the gym during work



Diana and I at the Symphony, 10/8

Workout Record:

  • Sun, 10/2 - Nice long walk through the sunset. Ok, we got ice cream on the way, but it was a REALLY long walk.
  • Thurs, 10/6 - Elliptical trainer, 30 mins
  • Sat, 10/8 - Elliptical trainer, 30 mins
*~*~*~*
Not great, as I didn't incorporate any weights into my training, but really, its better than I have been the last few weeks before the GMATs. And I find that I rather like going to the gym during lunch time, even though it makes me jittery for a little bit afterwards.

Beyond all the junk food listed above, I had two culinary events that were far more interesting - although not necessarily less fattening. On Wed, Eric H and I went to Coco500 for dinner. I know Karen and Agnes raved about it, but neither of us found it particularly outstanding. The Squash Blossom Flatbread was pretty tasty, and everything was good, but I think it was just slightly too rich. There wasn't enough balance in the food, although I did try a very nice wine, a red Priorat from Spain.

On Friday evening, Kimmy and Topher hosted a fondue night. If and when I ever get those pictures (*ahem*), I'll put up a separate posting, but suffice to say, it was yummy and very, very cheesey. There was quite a bit of nice wine going around there too - I actually discovered a Cote du Rhone at Andronico's that went well with dinner, and Michael brought a Portuguese table wine that surprised me.

But seeing how I looked in that dress on Sat, and realizing that I couldn't even remotely fit into my sari anymore... *sigh*. I'm rededicated to my fitness. I know, I know, I always say that, but this time, I'm serious. I even pulled out my planner and marked when I can eat out so that I wouldn't be such a glutton! Besides, now I have pressure on my side: my best friend from high school's wedding is coming up in mid-Nov, and I have to look fab for it. Not only will my high school sweetheart be there, but Yvonne and I have always been super competitive since the time we were 8. There's no way I'm showing up looking like a fattie.

0 comments:

 

About