Powered by Blogger.

10.14.2005

gratuitous puppet sex (a.k.a. caro's bday)

Last night, we celebrated darling Carolyn's 28th bday (such a young pup!) by dining at Koh Samui and the Monkey, and then heading out for some 80's fun at the Cat Club.

Dinner started at 8, but of course, most of us were late. It was Carolyn, myself, Caro's friends Jessica, Vicky, and Sarah, and the two Erics. Clydo was at rehersal with SoulForce for the upcoming SF Hip Hop Dance Fest, and was missed! We finally got around to ordering food and wine after the waitress came back three times... *stress!*

For dinner, we had some lovely traditional Thai dishes - yellow curry chicken, prawns with asparagus, corn fritters, and pad thai - as well as some of Koh Samui's specialties, including an amazing soft shell crap accompanied by cucumber vinagrette. Our wine - a Cote du Rhone - was not quite so amazing, but then again, it only cost $22 for the bottle, so we weren't expecting that much.


Caro plays Emo


... but can't help but crack up.


"Hide me from these freaks!" laments Eric H (aka "Horse")



"I serve you corn fritters, my lady."


Hey, its the girl's birthday



We caught Vicky with a pic, despite her hiding all night

However, the desserts were wonderful; I especially liked the mango with sticky rice, but the fried banana with ice cream was great as well. Jessica also brought Caro a mini-cake - a white chocolate mousse that was very mild, yet still delicious.


"I'm turning one!"


I'm Chinese, I eat everything with chopsticks


"May I have some moose?"



Afterwards, we had to get our lollipops and take group pictures, of course. (OK, I instigated that, since I'm the camera whore.)





At that point I was ready to head home since I'm a weenie and obsessed with my bschool applications right now. But ePop (now also known as "Robopop") threatened to carry me to the Cat Club ("You grab one butt cheek, I'll grab the other"), so I ended up tagging along for about an hour.


"Leave my buttcheeks alone!"


"Eh?"


Some of Caro's co-workers were waiting for us there, and we ran into ePop's ex-gf from four years ago. Ironically enough, she used to live at 20th & Irving as well - on the other side of Irving. We toasted to Eric having had sex on both sides of the street and busted a move.


Eric makes a new friend



Jessica busts out the 80s hair


Jessica, Sarah and Eric Pop


The reunited Robusteam - minus Clyde, but with our newest member


Serena and the Two Erics - a girl band, only missing dog collars


Serena: "Why do you always look away from the camera?"
Eric: "So I don't get red eyes."

Camera + the Robusteam and alcohol = some weird-ass picture taking. It all started with Caro touching Eric Pop'
s boob...


"Yuck, your boob makes me want to puke!"


"Oh my..."

... and ended in a contest about which Eric could get the most women molesting him.


Um.


Eric H gets jealous and ups the ante with three girls!

All in all, another fantastic night with my favorite people. Happy bday, luv!

Quotes of the Night:

I dislike gratuitous puppet sex. ~ Carolyn

Excuse me sir, do you have nuts? ~ Eric Pop

0 comments:

 

About