Powered by Blogger.

10.03.2005

training diary, week 7: gluttony!

Well, of course the big news of the week was that I took my GMATs (whoo! whoo!). I finally had a week off from bschool stuff, and spent all of it in a sea of food.

To be fair, I also started going back to the gym :-) I'm not nearly at the level that I have been or should be - BUT, I did lose another lb!


*~*~*~*
Training Diary, Week 7
Weight: 127 lbs
Body Fat: 30%*
Fitness Level: Not too bad...

*Estimates. I STILL haven't been in to get measured.


*~*~*~*

None of this is related to my workout progress, but rather describes the gluttony I experienced this week. Monday, of course, was G-Day... a morning of not-too-bad testing, resulting in a 710 and culminating in an exceptional dinner with Topher at Jardiniere. Tuesday was my day off - I caught up on the season premieres of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Can I just say how *happy* I am that the new TV season has started up?

Wednesday, Topher and I saw The Overcoat at A.C.T. Theatre. The dinner we had beforehand (at Max's on the Square) was fattening and overpriced; but the play itself was a gluttony on the senses. Neither of us realized before we went that Overcoat has no dialogue - rather, it was an astounding meld of silent film and dance. Simply amazing. I could go on, but I think the Chronicle's review says it all.

Thursday, I slept. *Sigh* I'm getting old, and can't stay out so late on weeknights. But Friday, I was back out and about. After a fairly chill training session with Mark, I met up with Eric H, Paula and Mike at Mike's for dinner, had some wine, and then headed out to Duplex. There was no disco, but I liked Duplex quite a lot. Besides, they had some pretty amazing piña coladas.

In fact, the piña coladas were so good that I sucked a few of them down in quick succession, and was pretty tipsy by midnight. Topher came and rescued me from more evil pina coladas, and on our way back, we found a jungle gym. Fun! I have to admit, climbing a jungle gym at midnight while drunk was slightly scary, but I'm a sucker for playgrounds.

Saturday, Karen and I met up for a long-awaited dinner at A16. Ohhhhhhhh. I'd forgotten how much I love Italian food! My first jaunt to A16 with Martha was definitely not representative... the food was amazing. In particular, the Scallop special, the Mozzarella Burrata and the Tripe were just amazing.


The Southern Italy red flight


Mozzarella Burrata! I never knew I could love cheese so much...


Scallops over pureed basil


The most amazing tripe you've ever had

I wasn't thrilled with the Romano Pizza - I attribute that more to me not liking anchovies than A16 - but the pasta was outstanding, as was the chard. Definitely would love to go back again.


*Sigh* I'm back under this week for the start of bschool apps, and back to my diet. Ick!

0 comments:

 

About