Powered by Blogger.

5.01.2006

goodbye to tejash, brunch with a tennis ball

Karen, Agnes, Natalie and I had dinner at Chez Nous before heading to Tejash's going away party on Sat night.

Dinner was so-so. I'm not sure if I was just tired and sick, or if it really was so boring. I'd had a busy day - headed over to Berkeley for a haircut with Yossi, then rushed over to Oakland to check out a used elliptical - and I was drugged up on cold meds all day anyway. I usually sit at home for 36 hours straight on the weekends. I only had time for a brief, 2 hour nap before meeting up with the girls and Agnes's beau-du-jour.


The four of us at dinner


A half-awake picture outside

After food, Karen, Natalie and I piled into my Mini and headed north. Driving through the Marina is always a trip - and we drove right through Cougar Corner. At one point, we walked through a crowd gathered outside some club, and we were the only ones who weren't blonde! Btw Marina chicks, if you're going to be so painfully trendy, note that pointy flats are so last season.

I think I spent a total of 15 minutes in Gravity:
- 5 minutes trying to find Tejash
- 5 minutes saying hi and good bye
- 5 minutes fighting my way out of the place

I will definitely miss Tej. Lucky bastard not only got into Kellogg, but scored an internship in Germany for the summer. Makes me nostalgic for Berlin... Maybe that's why I'm listening to "Springtime for Hitler" so much these days.


Yo - me and my homeboy Tej

We parted with the promise to keep in touch.

"Dood, get your ass in gear and apply," he said. "Hopefully, I'll be on the admissions board."

"Well, then I guess I'll see you in Chicago next year!" I winked.

*~*~*~*
On Sunday am, I met up with Andy for brunch at Foreign Cinema. Now THAT was yum! I've never been to Foreign Cinema during the day/when I'm not drunk. In fact, I actually had to call Andy from the corner of 21st and Mission, because I've only stumbled there after too much at Medjool.

When I arrived, Andy noticed that I was looking at him with a puzzled look.

Andy: I know, my head looks like a tennis ball.
Me: Uh, did you know that you're ... colorful?
Andy: I'm red from the sunburn I got sitting outside.
Me: Actually, you're more pinkish, because the skin that's peeling off is white, so it offsets the red.

Being that Andy is 6'7" and I'm 5'2", me sitting in front of the mirror didn't really stop him from seeing his red, peeling face during brunch. Luckily, we were distracted by a yummy meal of Duck Breast Salad with Balsamic Reduction, 1/2 dozen raw oysters, and Dungeness Crab Frittata.

I do wish I had a picture of the tennis ball hair, though. Damn that broken camera!

0 comments:

 

About