Powered by Blogger.

5.31.2006

phase 2: fat loss & reset

After a mini-break from weight loss, I am officially on Phase 2 of the diet. Phase 2 is Fat Loss (vs. Weight Loss for Phase I), and will focus on losing those last 6 lbs and toning, toning, toning! As part of my quest to publicly embarass myself online, I will be posting bikini pics every week in lieu of the gym clothes pics. I must really want to lose weight if I'm willing to subject myself to this kind of humiliation!

Phase 2: Fat Loss
  • Duration: 8 weeks
  • Dates: 5/29 - 7/24
  • Goal: 118 lbs
  • Total Loss: 6.5 lbs
  • Target Pace: 1.5 lbs every other week
  • Focus: Exercise, Toning, Fat Loss, Body Image
Starting Stats:
  • Weight: 124.5 lbs
  • Body Fat: 26%
  • Size: 4
  • Waist: 29 in
  • Hips: 36.5 in
  • Thighs/Biceps: TBD
Fitness Focus
Starting on 6/1, I will begin a 30-day fitness focus so that I can build exercising into a consistent habit. If I lacked in anything during Phase I, it was that I didn't work out consistently.

Month 1: Pre-Dance Show
  • Mondays or Fridays - Spinning with Isidro
  • Tuesdays - Strength Training, Upper and Abs
  • Wednesdays - Cardio Kickbox DVD
  • Thursdays, Saturdays - Dance
  • Fridays (or Monday) - Strength Training, Lower and Abs
  • Sunday - Pilates Reformer
Month 2: Post-Dance Show
  • Mondays, Fridays - 30 to 45 mins elliptical trainer
  • Tuesdays - Strength Training, Upper and Abs
  • Wednesdays - Cardio fitness DVD - to be determined
  • Thursdays - Strength Training, Lower and Abs
  • Saturdays - either Yoga or Kickboxing
  • Sundays - Pilates Reformer
Decisions, Decisions
In the last week, I've made a couple of decisions, just because my mental energy wasn't consumed with thinking about my weight and diet.

(1) I am going off the pill. It sucks that my boobs have shrunk, but its not reason enough for me to be feeling depressed. I've struggled with clinical depression my entire life - my whole family has it - and it seems silly to put myself on an uphill battle for no reason.

(2) I am resetting my weight loss goals. As of Sunday, I reset my start weight to 124 and goal weight to 118, I will track my inches diligently, I will post my bikini pictures, I will start the process all over again. Which leads to ...

(3) I am going to start Core. Thanks to mv for suggesting it! Core never appealed to me much - counting points was really not a big deal to me - but its not just complacency that's keeping me from moving forward. Its habit, and somewhat, boredom. Hard to explain, but I've gotten to a point where most of the time, I don't even need to look up what I'm eating, because I already know. So I don't track as diligently. I don't think about the foods that I buy, because I know what I should.

These are all good things - after all, learning good habits is one of the biggest challenges of weight loss. But since I've lost the 14 lbs, I've been happy to settle here, and an indulgence or two don't bug me as much. I need to mentally re-engage myself and switching plans will help - just like switching up weight training routines. My body has gotten used to the reduced calories (thank goodness), and its not pushing to the next level. Just reading about Core made me slightly dizzy. If it makes me think about what I'm putting into my mouth and keeps me tracking my foods immediately, then I've accomplished two of my goals.

(4) I am going to focus on body image and getting to the root of my emotional eating, drinking, and spending. I have learned tremendous things - awareness, how to curb these habits, or at least how to monitor them. And I sort of know why I'm doing it. But like with my depression, its not enough. I want to get to the root of them, and I need to be more cognizant of my actions in order to do that.

Not to say that I am not hugely proud of all the accomplishments I have made. Really, it blows me away, just looking back on my old postings, how far I have come. But I've never been the type to rest on my laurels, because its just not good for me, and I still have a ways to go until I get to where I want to be. I may be good now, but I want to be outstanding. Its just like with athletics: first you need to get to baseline, then you excel. That being said, I'm now resetting all of my trackers.

Six pounds may not seem like that much compared to the original goal of 20. But as blondeez will concur, those last few are the hardest... its so easy just to be content.

0 comments:

 

About