Powered by Blogger.

7.01.2005

gluttony, thou art my name

When I told Daisy, my soon-to-be-manager, that I would be starting my job on Wednesday, she asked, "Don't you even want to take one day off?"

Its surprising to most people that I'm starting my new job at Plumtree right away (my last day at eBay is Tues), but not to my friends that have been hanging out with me for the last couple of weeks. Even before I quit, things were in such a state of flux at work that I didn't have much to do. The last 4 weeks have been even worse - since we're in the process of reorging the company, and 75% of the Project Managers got "repurposed", we've all basically been sitting around shooting the shit.

Now that its official, I've been going out and celebrating for the last week. Last Sunday was our Mexican Fiesta at Laura and Isidro's to raise money for the AIDS Walk. Believe you me when I say that not a single item on the menu contained any nutritional value - I mean, I made a "casserole" that consisted of a stick of butter, a package of cream cheese, a can of creamed corn, and a cup of cheese - but it was damn good. Seth introduced me to the joys of good tequila, courtesy of Trudy's famous Mexican Martinis. I can't decide what was better - the queso with sausage in it, or the chocolate sauce mixed with triple sec and tequila.

On Wednesday, Miriam and I went to try out Zuppa, a brand new restaurant by the creators of Globe. I'll let Miriam's blog posting speak for both of us, but just to give you a hint of how things went:


(Note the magenta hair!)

Thursday was a double-whammy. My eBay work friends and I went out to lunch at my favorite restaurant in San Jose - Vito's Trattoria - where I had the last lunch pesto tortellini I would have in a while. We even ordered dessert and coffee... A bad idea, it turns out, as mine wasn't decaf :-)

On Thursday evening, my dance friends Irma and Diana met up for dinner at Cortez. Cortez is supposedly one of the "66 best new restaurants in the world," according to Conde Nast Traveler. The food was delish, the service impeccable, and the company absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad that I'm getting a chance to hang out with Irma and Diana even after the dance show... they are such sweethearts!

The 4th of July weekend promises to bring even more culinary delights. As I said, continued celebration of my new job + the long weekend + Karen's bday = non stop food and sake. Tonight I'll be meeting up with Gerardo and Alex at Medjool, and tomorrow Karen and I will be dining at Ozumo. Yum. Can't wait!

0 comments:

 

About