Powered by Blogger.

5.24.2006

extortion for dummies

I drove my car in today b/c I have to run it to the shop during lunchtime. Since I was only parking for 3 hours, I thought it made more sense to park at the meters, rather than pay for a garage.

Little did I know that the City of San Francisco was now in the business of extortion, vis a vis the outrageous parking meter fees. It is now ONE QUARTER for every FIVE MINUTES!!! That comes out to $3.00 an hour - and, in any case, who the hell carries that much change with them?

Not only that, but I was literally 2 minutes late to feed my meter again (30 min limit) and I already got a $50 ticket!

I am going to write a letter to every single Supervisor and the Mayor complaining. Seriously. The increased meter charges will give the parking lots more leeway to raise their daily/hourly fees, which is already expensive as it is. I've always been of the belief that the city makes most of its revenue off of DPT - and this only confirms it.

I don't particularly like driving to work, but once in a while it has to be done. If they are going to punish the drivers, then they should at the very least stop raising public transpo costs as well.

Thoughts?

0 comments:

 

About