Powered by Blogger.

5.15.2006

weight loss diary: week 9 of 15

And, yes, I did it! Finally busted through my plateau, as mentioned in the previous posting. Now comes the hard part: taking off those last 6 lbs.

As of this week, I'm starting what I call Phase 2 of the weight loss: Toning. I've lost the weight mostly through restricting my caloric intake, but the flab is still there. The flab! Until I actually turn that into muscle, I won't feel settled in my new lower weight - although its definitely nice to see the change. So from now on, I'll be posting my inches too - yikes!

*~*~*~*~*

Week 9 Stats:
  • Weight: 124.5 lbs
  • Body Fat: 27%
  • Body Fat #s total lost: 2.96 lbs
The Inches:
  • Chest: 31.5 in
  • Waist: 28.5 in
  • Hips: 37 in
Workouts:
  • Mon, 5/8: 20 mins Elliptical, 40 mins Weights
  • Thurs, 5/11: 20 mins Elliptical
  • Sat, 5/13: 3.5 hours Dance
Pictures:













*~*~*~*
What Helped Me:

  • Not drinking. Seriously helped raise my metabolism and bust through my plateau. The calories saved from alcohol and drunk eating didn't hurt either ;-)
  • My home elliptical trainer. Yay! I love working out on it.
  • Seeing the change in myself. I never knew that seeing an accomplishment could help so much.
  • Being OP. Gee, actually following the WW plan actually works...
What Hurt Me:
  • Complacence. Sigh. I indulged quite a bit this weekend, since I'd lost the weight, feel good about myself and had extra points. Never fear, I did have 6.5 flexies left this week, but I'm terrified that I'm going to lose all control and go off the deep end.
  • Fear. See above :-) Can I maintain that self-control once I get more points or go off the alcohol abstinence? I've decided that I'm not going to start drinking until (a) I am confident that I can start drinking and then stop at 2, and (b) I can have fun without alcohol. As it is, I'm quite enjoying being sober, waking up early, and not being hungover.
Week 10 Goals:
  • Workouts: 3x cardio on the elliptical or other, 2x weight training, dance on Thursday night and all day Saturday.
  • Stay OP! Go to meetings! Blog on ExP! All the things that I've learned and not lose them now that I'm close...
  • Get over my emotional reaction to annoying ex-boyfriends and their annoying ways, clean the house, declutter my life of annoying ex-boyfriends. Tee hee, see a trend?
And now for the ultimate challenge... I'm starting to date again. Scared...

0 comments:

 

About