Powered by Blogger.

7.03.2005

red, red wine

I wore these gorgeous white linen pants out to Medjool with Alex and Gerardo on Friday night, and somehow ended up spilling an entire glass of red wine on them. I was devastated. I had just bought these pants last week, and they're not only cute but also super comfortable.

The next morning / afternoon, I googled "red wine stain removal" and found
Patty's Wine Stain Removal Recipe. The gist:


This is absolutely foolproof for any laundered items! Mix Dawn dishwashing liquid soap with hydrogen peroxide...then pour on the stain and let sit as a presoak. Neither of these ingredients works by itself. You must use BOTH. You'll actually see the red wine disappear as you drizzle the mixture on a stain!

I tried it yesterday and soaked them overnight - and it worked like a charm! Seriously amazing. Not a hint of wine, and it doesn't look funky like its been bleached. The best part is that I was also able to use this for my green satin top as well, as it fell victim to my clumsiness.

Otherwise, Friday night was a total blast. I haven't really partied with Gerardo since college, where the two of us wrecked havoc on our entire dorm (ask us about salsa dancing in the stairwell). We initially met up with a bunch of Gerardo's friends at Medjool's rooftop lounge - gorgeous view - and then headed over to Foreign Cinema when it died down. After that closed, four of us went for a late night meal at Steps of Rome.

0 comments:

 

About