Powered by Blogger.

3.12.2005

slip 'n slide

Today, I said goodbye to my little Jetta, and picked up my even littler Mini Cooper. Steve, the new owner, is super nice - he dropped me off at the dealer and even hung out there until the car was ready. I got in, and went to pick up Fernando for a real day trip out to Lake Del Valle to enjoy the weather.

Unfortunately, though, Saturday's weather was just not as nice as it had been the rest of the week. A mere day before, temperatures were up in the mid-80's in San Francisco (!!!). It was only about 68, although the sun was shining.

We stayed at the gorgeous lake for a couple of hours, munching on Quizno's subs while enjoying the tranquility of the water. There were lots of families playing and bbq'ing, and it made me miss my own mommy and my sweet little Bennie. Finally, the clouds rolled in, the temperature dropped, and we ran for cover.

On the way back, we decided to head in to the world's biggest strip mall. Who knew that it would be so much fun? We spent a couple of hours at Border's, just perusing books, and then headed over to Cold Stone Creamery for some gluttonous ice cream treats. Just as we were about to leave, we saw the most excellent thing: a blow up slide!



It was only $3 for 10 minutes, so I dragged Fernando on the slide with the 5 year olds. It was AWESOME - seriously the most fun I've had in years! Sometimes, I wish I were a kid again.

Reinvigorated, we got a slice of pizza, chowed it down, and headed home.

0 comments:

 

About