Powered by Blogger.

3.30.2005

an easter weekend with good friends

I spent a mellow Easter weekend catching up with my good friends. Which was great, because its probably the first Easter I didn't spend with at least my mother.

On Saturday, after my usual jaunt to gym, pilates and dance, I collapsed on the couch in pain. Fortunately, Michelle rescued me from lethargia by dragging me out for a mani and pedi. We just went around the corner, and both got French toes and nails. I'm starting to like the French manicures, but it just looks weird on my toes.

I went to Easter services with Gerardo and Norell. After mass, we picked up Alex and headed to
Q's for some - you guessed it! - meat. We were absolutely starving, so gourmet brunchy food totally hit the spot. I got the corned beef hash with poached eggs, Gerardo ordered a bacon-swiss burger, and both Alex and Norell got benedicts. I thought the meal was decent, but not the greasy best I was hoping for. For that, you gotta just suck it up and go to Denny's.

It started pouring while we were eating, so we piled back into my little car and drove to Gerardo's. There, we went through the various GMAT materials that we had, and came up with a tentative study schedule. By the time I got home, the sky was a dark indigo, and it was pouring bullets. Neither Michelle nor I felt much like leaving our homes and heading over to the
Funkanometry dance class, so I just stayed in and watched Desperate Housewives.

0 comments:

 

About