Powered by Blogger.

3.20.2005

after-flow

Wow, I thought I was in pain yesterday. But a hard workout + a night of partying = one very painful wakeup call for me this morning.

FLOW went fabulously last night. We didn't expect anything less, considering the lineup that we had. However, it was really nice to see it pull together. Honestly, I was kind of nervous because I wasn't panicking before the party. I couldn't figure out if it was because we'd done it so many times, because everything was good to go, or if it was because a club party is just cake compared to the dance show.

As it turned out, it was all of the above. Club Six remains one of the hottest clubs in SF - and I do mean that literally! It was a sauna downstairs. Luckily, the music upstairs was just as good as the headliners downstairs - 4am really busted out some fun tunes, and Compression is always amazing. Even Toph One said he wouldn't blame me if I decided to stay upstairs and listen to Corey and Jamal, rather than hear him spin.

We did have some fine entertainment in way of a spontaneous b-boy dance contest in the basement, and a Lady-of-the-Dance wannabe trying to outshine the rest of us. But all in all, no brawls, no hassles, no pissed off people, no drama. That's a first for an 09:Babies event! On top of which, we raised over $1,000 for Planned Parenthood Golden Gate, and brought in just shy of 400 peeps to the party.



After the party, Miriam, James and I headed over to Sparky's, where I scarfed down a veggie burger. Yum. I woke up at about 2:00 this afternoon, completely not able to move. But a quick jaunt to Sunset Sauna totally solved that issue. I cooked in the sauna for 1/2 hour before gettting a 1/2 hour massage, and felt good enough afterwards to jump on the elliptical trainer! Not only is it right across the street from me, but also very reasonably priced - only $50 for the whole she-bang.

Sometimes, I really love my neighborhood.

0 comments:

 

About