Powered by Blogger.

3.30.2005

good friday, good food

My Easter meat-festivities continued on Friday night, when Laura, Isidro and Martha headed to Espetus Churrascaria, a fabulous Brazilian BBQ in Hayes Valley.

When I arrived at 9:30, my friends were already waiting for me at the bar. Laura and Isidro were just a teensy weensy tipsy (ha!) since they had gotten there a good 30 minutes earlier, and made friends with the sangria. They must have looked hungry, because the bartender brought them some meat samples to tide them over until our table was ready.



We were seated, made a half-hearted trip to the salad bar, and then settled in for our meat-filled dinner. And when I say that its meat-filled, I ain't exagerating. You pay a fixed price, and basically have access to all-you-can-eat-meat. They bring around 14 different kinds of roasted meats on a grilling skewer, and cut you off slices right at your table.

The one thing that we definitely preferred were the more rare meats - the well done ones were just a tad too much. However, overall, it was an incredible reintroduction to meat. By the end of the meal, none of us could move, much less fit into my Mini!

Rating: 4 out of 5 cowbrains

0 comments:

 

About