Powered by Blogger.

3.24.2005

40 days and 40 nights

Today, Lent officially ended, and I celebrated by eating 1.5 lbs of bacon for dinner.

For years, I had thought that Lent ended on Easter Sunday, but yesterday, I actually thought to check, and it ends on Holy Thursday. Miraculously, Miriam didn't have to teach tonight, so we were actually able to have a meal when (a) neither of us weren't exhausted; (b) we weren't trying to fit each other in to our own crazy schedules and (c) it wasn't 10pm at night.

We went back to Korea House, where they have this mysterious pork dish that Miriam was determined to get. The last time we went there, they told us that we could only order two portions of it, not one. ?!?!? This time, we managed to convince us to give us a portion of that, and some kalbi as well.

It turned out that this mysterious pork was essentially Korean bacon. After about 8 pieces, I finally found the flavor combo I liked, and that was the beginning of the end. When we first got the plate, we were like, there's no way we could eat all of it. Well, 1.5 lbs later, we can say we lied.

I ... FEEL ... REALLY ... GROSS.

I have bacon coming out of my skin, my pores, even my eyes. I need to shower... right now. Many times.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, I have to finish this amazing bacon i got at the Halal market.

 

About