Powered by Blogger.

3.26.2006

great start to a new week

I conked out early last night, which meant that I was up and about at 8am today. Even though I was too lazy to trek over to the gym, I started the day by trying the Crunch Fat-Burning Yoga DVD. Not so fat-burning after 2 years of Bikram, but it was a good stretch... particularly since I was totally sore after my hip hop class and walk up Potrero Hill yesterday!

Carolyn came over and we went off to Noe Valley to paint ceramics at Terra Mia. We wandered around shopping a bit, and of course, I had to stop in to Ambiance. I found my Tell-All Dress! Its a strapless black dress made out of soft jersey, ruched at the top, and then flowing out once it goes past my waist. Its cute and wearable to any cocktail party or nice dinner, but still does the job of "telling all", since it shows my entire torso past my butt. Of course, I look *horrid* in it right now (I got a small), but the idea is to keep taking pics in it until I (a) look hot and am ready to wear it in public or (b) totally stretch it out ;-)

Little black dress - check!

I painted a spoon rest for my mom with a big pig on the front, and Carolyn, that secret artist, made a fancy cup and saucer set. "I need to do something totally random with it," she claimed, then proceeded to write the word "CUP" on it. "Put the 'of' on the bottom of the cup," I suggested. "Then the saucer can equal sunshine."

While we were there, a woman came in with a bottle of champagne and met up with 4 of her girlfriends. "I got engaged!" she squealed. It was such a happy sight, especially in the airy, pleasant atmosphere of Terra Mia, and the gorgeous daylight outside.

After Carolyn dropped me, we snapped some "before" shots of me for this week's blog, and then chatted a bit before she left. I made a super-yummy Shrimp and Tofu Teriyaki stir fry, packed full of broccoli, bamboo, baby corn and carrots, which turned out only to be 3 points per serving! As of right now, I've still got 9 points to go for the rest of the day, but I'm determined to get into that dress sooner rather than later.

I'm looking forward to a great week.

0 comments:

 

About