Powered by Blogger.

2.28.2005

BnB: The Aftermath

So, almost 48 hours after the most stressful weekend of my life, I can finally breathe and count my blessings that I didn't lose my mind, my money, or any major body parts.

I slept until 2 pm on Sunday, went bridesmaid dress shopping for Daysun's wedding, got home, went for a massage, and then went right back to bed. I am ready to deal with *MY* life again. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff coming up - getting back in shape, reorg at work, GMATs - but at least there's only one person to deal with. I can handle stress. I can handle lots to do. What I can't handle are people, with all their egos and emotions and childhood traumas.

Hey, I never said I was a people person.

Waking up this morning was blissful. The sun was shining, and it was a completely gorgeous day - at least in San Jose. I sat out in the sun for lunch, and tackled my job, which I've been neglecting for so long, with renewed vigor. Plus, I got on the scale this morning and realized that I've lost 5 lbs - probably because I didn't eaten a real meal or sleep for a week.

After work, I went to the
MINI dealer in SF to check out a car. Mini of San Francisco is the only dealer in the Bay Area with an automatic in stock, so even though I wasn't keen on getting a brand new car, I thought I'd test drive one. Turned out to be my lucky day! They just got a 2002 factory car in stock, i.e., one of the cars execs drive around until they're bored with it. Its an automatic, fully loaded, and only has 2,500 miles! I put a deposit on it so that they'll hold it until I can test drive it on Saturday. Cross fingers - if it works out, I'll finally have a new car!

It feels so good to be home and not using my brain or working on
09:Babies stuff! Of course, Club Six is coming up right around the corner, but Miriam and Wiggins are taking the lead on that, so I don't have to do much beyond design the flyers. Martha called tonight and told me that she was detoxing from alcohol. Well, I've decided to detox from people for a while. God bless television.

0 comments:

 

About