Powered by Blogger.

8.13.2005

training diary, week 0: so it begins

I've been trying for the last 6 months or so to take off the 10 lbs I gained the last couple of years due to stress, work, some really emotional family issues, and just getting older in general, but since January of 2004, I haven't really been committed. But this week, I got serious and signed up for a training program at the Bay Club that includes 10 personal training and 3 nutrition counseling sessions. At $750 a pop, I'd have to say that I'm committed :-)

To keep myself on track, I'm posting my progress week by week, with some brutally honest stats. So... its 10lbs or bust!


*~*~*~*

Training Diary, Week 0:

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 130 lbs
Body Fat %: Approx. 30%
Fitness Level: Fair to Poor


Week 0 pictures. Yuck.

Workout Record, Sun. 8/7 to Sat., 8/13:
  • Mon, 8/8 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins; Weights: 20 minutes
  • Tues, 8/9 - Elliptical Trainer, 20 mins
  • Thurs, 8/11 - Spinning, 45 mins; Abs, 10 mins
  • Fri, 8/12 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins

The Plan:

  • Spinning, Mondays and Thursdays
  • Cardio Kickboxing, Tuesdays
  • Elliptical Trainer (30 - 45 mins) on Wednesdays and Sundays
  • Weight Training, Fridays and Sundays

*~*~*~*

Even though I just technically met with my trainer on Friday, I started prepping myself for the program by forcing myself to work out, and eat a little healthier. I was particularly proud of myself on Thursday, when, after a looooong meeting that lasted until 6, I made myself go to Spinning - despite the fact that I was tired, cranky, and hungry. Good thing too - it really pumped me up again.

On Friday, I met with Mark for the first time. Apparently, Mark is something of a celebrity, having been recently written up in Men's Health magazine and featured on MSN. I'm pretty excited... he's very low key, but both understanding and motivating. Most impressive of all is that he personally lost almost 200lbs! Check out his website at www.xbigman.com.

I'm so excited!

0 comments:

 

About