Powered by Blogger.

8.07.2005

its all that...

... and a Bag of Chips @ Madrone Lounge last night was a huge success. One could even say that it was "all that".

*Cheesy joke guffaw*

... Bag was seriously the most fun party that
09:Babies has ever thrown, and probably even one of the best parties I've been to! Even though we've had some great parties with really amazing people and talent, this was the one that caused almost zero stress. Plus, there's something about 80's music that just makes everything happy and fluffy.

Besides raising another $600 for the
AIDS Walk, we saw some pretty kick-ass 80's costumes. The AIDS Walk team itself was a melange of styles: Laura went for the preppy cheerleader look (Like Totally-Girl), Heather the ever-classic goth (Goth-Kitty), Isidro fashioned himself after Don Johnson (Miami Chump), and I was the Madonna concert reject (Madonna-be).

The saddest thing about this entire experience was that all of us managed to pull these outfits together out of our closets.

It was a terrific end to my tenure at 09:Babies, and a great way to kick off my hibernation. Lots and lots 'o pics below! *MWAH!*



Me, Laura and Diana are like, totally psyched about the party.


Eric reminds us that in the 80's, he was a clerk at 7-Eleven,
while Isidro waits for his Miami Vice moment


W-I-G-G-Y!!!


Hey, Isidro forgot his Lacoste shirt, so we had to make him one


Definitely the costume winner of the night! Too bad you can't see his pants.


Eric H, coming out of hibernation to rejoin the living (and single) world.


Khaotic Groovemintz in the house, post-dance show


YEAAAAAAH. Hot.


"Why didn't I date a guy like this in high school?" wonders Diana.


Nice shirt, Matty.


Karen shows off her leg-warmers


DJ Kap$hure busts it out. One of the best sets he's ever played - for sure.


Diana "touches herself". OK, technically not 80's, but we love that song anyways.


Fern and Laura and a scary blue light


Whoever you are, you rawk \m/


Clyde busts it out


Diana and Jarret get into the groove


Whatever...


"Look! I can DJ and take pictures at the same time!"


Nothing like dancing with my fairy godbrother


Hey Mickey!


Whatever we're singing along to, we loved it


Eric H, Fern and Paula


Goth-Kitty and Miami-Chump strike a pose


Pablo? Paco? Why did I keep removing your shirt?


Me and Clydo


I don't know why Clydo is now wearing my shirt...


Despite his big smile, I'm actually strangling Fern in the car.


Goddamn you, feed me!


For all 100+ pictures (Isidro and Laura went nuts with my new camera), check out the slideshow at
Ofoto.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME party, dude! It was so rad... I can't believe I broke out of my melancholy to totally rock out with preps and Madonna girls. ;-)

 

About