Powered by Blogger.

8.04.2005

oola-la

Last night, we had the official first dinner of the Girls Supper Club at Oola's. The food was absolutely mag, and of course, the company was great.

Julie, Irma, Diana and I met up at Oola's around 8, and automatically ordered a bottle of Stag's Leap Petite Syrah, one of my favorite wines. Once we were seated, we got down to the business of ordering... deciding on almost 10 small plates to share, so that we could get a taste of everything!

The stand-outs of the night (and there are many) include the Mixed Farmer's Green with heart of palm, Roasted Corn Soup, the Foie Gras, Baby Back Ribs basted with a ginger-soy sauce, and Figs stuffed with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto. The salad was particularly amazing, because how often can one say that salad is amazing? Of course, my personal favorite was the foie gras - it was glazer over with a fruit sauce that amazingly wasn't too sweet, and stuffed with a lone fig inside.



Julie, Irma, Diana and I toast to good food and good friends.

These girls are some of my favorite dining buddies because despite the fairly elegant restaurants we choose, we don't have a problem being a pig in front of each other! Case in point:



Diana: "I grew up with immigrant parents so I'm going to suck on the ribs."


Replied Julie: "I grew up with poor parents, so I'm going to lick the plate."



Me: "I am an immigrant, so I'll just eat the damn plate."


After our 10 plate meal, we topped it off with two amazing desserts - a dark chocolate bread pudding, and pot de creme with strawberries - and some coffee. Maybe we were giddy from the sugar or the food, but the conversation went a little less, er, classy, and I think we scared the older folks dining at the next table.

We've decided that our supper club will meet regularly, on the first Thursday of every month. I can't wait for our next one!

0 comments:

 

About