Powered by Blogger.

8.27.2005

training diary, week 3: crazy cracker cravings

Oy. Starting a diet and exercise program is always difficult. But starting one in the midst of some powerful PMSing... I'm surprised I survived. Minus the very random craving for unsalted crackers and ground beef, Week 2 went considerably well.

*~*~*~*

Training Diary, Week 1
Weight: 130 lbs (including ~ 3 to 5 lbs of water weight)
Body Fat: 30%
Fitness Level: Good, and improving every day!


Karen and I at Le Colonial on Fri, 8/26


Moi et les roomates @ le Frou-Frou Potluck, Sun 8/28

Workout Record, Sun. 8/21 to Sat. 8/27:

  • Sun, 8/21 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins
  • Mon, 8/22 - Elliptical Trainer, 3o mins
  • Wed, 8/24 - Spin class, 45 mins
  • Fri, 8/26 - Weight training with Mark, 1 hour; Spin class, 45 mins

*~*~*~*

Week 2 was much, much, much better than Week 1 - mostly due to the major adjustments I made into my schedule, and the shifts in my focus. As I mentioned in last week's blog (did I?), after nearly having a nervous breakdown, I decided to quit going to the Kaplan class, and study on my own. So far, the results have been good study-wise, and the flexibility I've added to my schedule totally paid off from a training perspective.

Week 2 was also the first week that I carefully tracked my eating, thanks to a meeting with Janet - my nutritionist - who helped me lay down some guidelines regarding total caloric intake, meal balancing and timing. She allotted me more points than Weight Watchers does, which made all the difference!

In addition, I'm tracking to plan regarding my exercise. As mentioned, I'm aiming to get up to cardio 5x a week - preferably something intensive, like spinning or kickboxing - and weight training 2 - 3x a week. This week's goal was 4 cardio, 1 weight, which I hit. But what I'm most proud of is the 2 of those cardios consisted of a spin class, which is super-high in intensity. I'd almost forgotten how much I love working out - but spin after work on Wednesday totally gave me that endorphin high, and my studying was more focused than ever that night!

However (cue ominous music) - I also did hit a snag this week: PMS. When I get cravings, its like my life cannot go on until I satisfy them. Well, all week I've been craving crackers. Yes, you heard me right - crackers. I've eaten at least a box of saltines over the course of the last week!!!

But despite the cracker connundrum, both Janet and Mark are optimistic about my progress. I forgave myself for my cracker transgressions, since its only week 2, and am moving on, rather than feeling guilty. And Mark has been impressed by both my dedication, as well as my eagerness during training. "You've got your game face on," he remarked on Friday. "I can see the determination in your eyes. You'll be there in no time."

0 comments:

 

About