Powered by Blogger.

8.06.2005

plumtree baseball

We had our company picnic yesterday at SBC Park. The entire evening can be summed up in four words: free beer and bloody cold.

There was a great pre-game BBQ, which consisted of yummy ballpark food, followed by the Giants v. Houston Astros game.


My comrade in arms: Matias, Alice, Kim, Daisy and baby.


The Process Server Team: Brent and wife, Marie, and Lars.


Ilan and wife


My manager, Daisy, with her adorable (and fast-moving) daughter.


Dax with his daughter. Can the kids get any cuter?


Everyone was pretty well-behaved until they closed out the BBQ. That's when the trouble began - when the park people told us to "take the rest of the beers - they're already paid for." Being good corporate citizens, we of course grabbed as many as we could.



Matias loads up with his arms...


... I fill my pockets...


... and Brendan grabbed 15 for his bag
.

The game gets started, and it gets really, really, really cold. It was the coldest I've been since we went to Canada for New Years Eve back in 2003. (Yeah, how stupid were we?!) Only in San Francisco would you need to be bundled up in two sweatshirts, a scarf and a hat in order not to shiver to death.


The game begins


Brendan and I bundled up against the fierce wind and cold.


Yeah, Ken looks sober there, but just you wait...


I had also just bought a brand, spanking-new camera yesterday, so I was eager to play with it. But things really got out of hand when Ken got a hold of the camera...


Ken molesting my SF Giants Kitty


I had to kick his butt as punishment...


... and put Kitty somehwere where she was safe.


Topher's monkey feels threatened.

In the end, we stumbled out of the park and headed for... oh, I don't even know where. But it was great fun getting to know my co-workers, and educational to boot! Things I learned: Never go to a baseball game in SF, and never let Ken touch your camera unchaperoned.

0 comments:

 

About