Powered by Blogger.

2.22.2006

PUPPIES!

I already miss my babies, and its only been a day. A friend of mine said to me today, "If you ever loved your boyfriend as much as you love your dog, he'd be a lucky man."

Ehn. I'm not in the business of making men lucky.


Me and Baby


Baby likes kissing people now. Bennie still eats my hair.


I love my dogs


Brindo's so big that he and Bennie are practically twins now

Brindo is living proof that boys are naturally slower than girls. He's 5 months old, and pees everywhere except where he's supposed to. (Bennie was trained by 3 mos.) We put the pee-pee pad in the kitchen, and he'll pee everywhere else in the kitchen. We lock him in the kitchen all day, and he won't pee all day - but the moment we let him out, he pees on the rug. I rub his belly and he pees. I don't rub his belly and he pees. When I came home, he was so excited that he peed in a large design along the living room carpet. Truly, it was a work of art.

I have become his pee-pee pad.

He's learned to roll over, and it amuses him endlessly. It amuses him so much that he pees in an arc while he's rolling over. We've started calling him a "returd" for being such a retarded little turd.

Brindo certainly has character. I used to think that Bennie was hyper, but she's like a stoner dog compared to my baby. The other day, he was sitting on Dad's stomach and decided to crawl into his fleece vest. Eventually, he stuck his face through the arm hole. When Bennie came and started licking him, he retreated into the vest, like a turtle.


Brindo, the puppy-kangaroo

Our Bennie is still ridiculously cute. She's definitely mellowed in her adolescence and I think that her thyroid issue has kept her from being as hyper as she used to be. She was recently diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. There's not much they can do about it, but it explains the weight gain. I'm just waiting for the doctors to diagnose me with an underactive thyroid so I have an excuse for gaining +/- 10 lbs in 2 years. Laziness, too much work, getting old and eating crap have nothing to do with it ;-)

But Bennie is still a kisser. And a little princess that plays to the camera. Witness below:


"Bennie, kiss Mommy!"


Going for another angle


However, the best moment of the weekend did not involve the dogs. Our parents are selling the house, and along with specs on the house, they have information about the Franklin Township school district. One day, the realtor picked up the brochure and asked me if I went to the high school there.

"Oh my god," my mother exclaimed. "She's almost 30!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u hair looks awesome... yossi rocks! seeing him next sat. woohoo! - kc

 

About