Powered by Blogger.

7.13.2005

:: verve ::

:: VERVE :: was a smashing success last Friday night! We totally packed 111 Minna with over 450 ppl, and made over $2,000 for the SF AIDS Walk. The auction alone brought in ~$700... what a great time!

Very special thanks to everyone who participated in this huge endeavor:

The DJs:
Janaka Selekta, Jimmy Love, Sake One, fflood, ePop, Jarret Cooper and Pathos

The Auctionees: Karen + Agnes ($150 - whoo hoo!),
Dholrhythms Bhangra dance group ($125), Diana + Irma ($105), Jen + Alice ($75), Eric Pop ($65), Matty the fabulous hip hop dancer ($45), Eric H as our French stud, Sean the yoga guru ($30) and our fabulous volunteers Chris and Rebecca.

... and of course, much love to Tejash for MC'ing and my lovely Baby Steps AIDS Walk team for staffing the door and listening to me rant - Laura, Isidro, and Heather Fell.

1 bottle of champagne, a slice of bday cake, and several 22 oz. Sapporos later, we have pictures! More coming soon (ahem! Karen!).



Isidro "advertises" our raffle.


ePop spins up the party!


Vince, Marco, Randy and Patricia smile for the camera


The Three Sisters Belly Dancers... amazing!






Eric on the auction block, where MC Tejash rallies the crowd.


Me and Clydo, my favorite fairy godbrother.




Monica and Claudia


Shy Fairy...


...with his Fairy Entourage.

And with this party, its official: I'm retiring. Our August fundraiser - ... and a Bag of Chips! - at Madrone Lounge will be my last as the Director of 09:Babies Productions. I'll be handing it over to Wiggins to do, er, I don't know what he's going to do with it.

My next role? I'm thinking of trying out matchmaking.

0 comments:

 

About