Powered by Blogger.

7.04.2005

happy 4th of july

I spent all day Sunday recovering from my hedonistic pursuits of the days before, holed up in my house reading (Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb) and watching Season 2 of Alias. Huge apologies to everyone I flaked on... I was really in bad shape.

On Monday, July 4th, I rejoined the world of the living and went to a BBQ with Diana and Eric at the SuperHappyFunHouse - a mansion rented out by Dave Weekly and about a hundred other guys. Its was literally a sausage fest: everyone seemed to find sausage as the grill food of choice, so we ended up with about 10 packets of sausages of all varieties. In addition to good food, the boys moved the bar out onto the lawn, and even bought a portable fireplace that they put in the pool!

















At one point, someone got the great idea to toast marshmallows in the pool. So they took apart a torch stand and made it into a multi-marshmallow roaster.

Eventually, it became way too cold to stay outside, so Diana, Eric and I headed back towards the city. We chased fireworks through SOMA, but by the time we got to the Embarcadero, they were already over. So we headed home, where Eric and I both had a yogurt, and then said goodnight.

Happy bday USA :-)

0 comments:

 

About