Powered by Blogger.

4.09.2005

crawdad craziness

Today was the day of the big Crawfish Boil, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I got a late start this morning (or should I say afternoon?), having a rare opportunity to sleep until noon. I finally arrived at Crissy Field around 3 bearing a vat of jambalaya and cornbread, and the eating of the beer and bugs began!

Wiggy and Brian bought 160 lbs of crawfish (!!!) from god-knows-where, plus there was a keg of beer and a huge jar of seasoning. Even with close to 100 people there, we could barely eat it all... by the time I left around 6:30, there were still about 60 lbs of the creepy critters awaiting their death by boiling.

But it was an amazing day... a great chance to see and catch up with my much-missed cohorts at Telephia, and A LOT of food. By the time we were done, I could barely feel my lips from all the spice and salt of the little suckers. Who knew that eating bugs could be so much fun?


Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.


We hope this pic will help JG pick up chicks online.

The Barfield family, Amy with baby Thomas.

Oh my good lord, there is so much food!

Ed (my brother) exercising his right to be a glutton.

Amy, hiding.

Pouring the slimy (and live!) little suckers into the pot...

Eric and the keg.

Karen, looking ready for summer.

Me, Karen, Heather and Jenny.


Brian stirs the pot with The Crawfish Paddle.

Boil 'em up with some spice and potatoes...

... and then throw them onto the table for the hordes.

Mmm-mmm. This is a tasty crawdad!

Well, we need to find *something* else to do with the paddle...

Yeah, I know - my inner-Asian is showing. Good Lord, I need to go pass out now.

0 comments:

 

About