Powered by Blogger.

4.28.2005

riding the bus with the big kids

Believe it or not, I actually woke up at 6 and made it to the 7:11 Baby Bullet this morning. It was my first ride on CalTrain, and I have to admit - I was pleasantly surprised! It was very exciting... kind of like the first time you get to take the bus to school with the big kids.

Brian was nice enough to induct me into CalTrain ridership by meeting me for coffee at 7am. Because he was sitting across from me, I managed not to fall asleep and drool all over myself on the way to work. He even drew a nice picture of me on the train, with a timestamp as proof that I made it this morning.


Original artwork by Brian

I made it in to work by 8:30. My boss almost toppled over when she saw me in the office that early, and Rahul is still wishing that he took Leslie's bet that I'd never be in before 9. That's $15 he coulda won.

I hope that more people start riding the train, especially now that they've expanded the Baby Bullet service. Its a risky (and innovative) step for CalTrain to take - to add more trains, rather than cutting back on service in face of the budget crisis.

0 comments:

 

About