Powered by Blogger.

4.05.2005

gas stations and herbivores

Despite my exhaustion and queasy stomach, I joined Miriam and friends for drinks and dinner.

I rolled out of a ineffective nap, stuck on my glasses and headed to Madrone, a new lounge in lower Haight. It took a little bit to find, since there's poor signage on the door. The only thing that looked remotely like the address was the Arco gas station... I was starting to wonder if I was still asleep or hallucinating. I was completely out of it, so it wouldn't have surprised me!

After driving around 5 times, I finally found it and joined fflood, Sean, Agnes, Paul, Ashton and Miriam at the lounge. Its a cute little place inside, and both fflood and I inquired about having a party there. Best of all, well drinks are only $2 for M-Th happy hours! I didn't drink, of course, but its good to know :-)

We then headed over to Herbivore for an amazingly yummy and inexpensive vegetarian dinner. I'd been meaning to check this place out, and I'm so glad we did! I had a roasted portabello mushroom sandwich that was just so tasty, and yet not too heavy. I think we might have found a good place for our late-night dinner meetings! I give it 4 out of 5 cowbrains.

0 comments:

 

About