Powered by Blogger.

2.24.2005

frazzle razzle me

Well, I guess no one said it was going to be easy...

So we're less than 24 hours away from opening night of the show, and holy mother of God - I swear I'm never doing this again. Tech Rehersal last night ran late (of course), and I felt really bad because I wasn't able to give Mind Over Matter a real tech. But the House Manager at MCC was hovering over me starting at 9:50, telling me every single minute that it was 10:30 already. What a nightmare.

We've arranged to have the theatre and additional hour for tech on Saturday, and some of the ppl are coming in tomorrow to redo their tech. Tomorrow is going to be a serious zoo... we're packed so tightly with the staff, I don't know how we'll all manage. Of course, things never go as planned either. I guess the Project Manager in me is finally realizing that performances and talent don't run on a schedule.

On top of it all, I was told this morning that my department is being rolled up to another one at work, and that I need to be here tomorrow at 10 am so that I can meet my new manager, and find out what my job is. I was really hoping to sleep in tomorrow, too, because I know I'm going to be up all night. I mean, its already 7:45 and I'm still in San Jose photocopying programs!

On the bright side, we're selling tickets hot and fast. We're averaging about 25+ tickets a day, which is excellent. Hopefully, we'll sell out and be able to donate a bunch of money to the ARC.

I love you, Michelle and Fernando - but after this show, I seriously never want to see either of you again.

0 comments:

 

About