Powered by Blogger.

1.13.2007

breaking out the bubbly

I've had massive senioritis this week, thanks to one very big product launch late last Friday. So my week has been filled with celebrations and drinks! Thank goodness I had a chance to play, because it seems like the bug that's been going around has finally caught up to me (and our heater seems to be broken to boot).

Team Bubbly
On Wed, we went out to celebrate the release of one of our hottest products at the Bubble Lounge. Those of you who know me know that this has been one of the most difficult releases for me, so I for one was ecstatic that we finally made it - and on time!

    Champagne glasses


    Brent


    Lars, Andy and Andrew


    Carol, Jesper and me


    Sadia, Clinton and Dave


    Jesper and Adrian


Swank, Steak and... the Crow Bar??
Our weekly happy hour took us to the Carnelian Room, at the top of the BofA building. The view was gorgeous, the place was swanky, and the drinks ridiculously expensive.

Afterwards, Heather, Greg, Scott and I headed to El Raigon for dinner. Considering how much I've heard about this place, I was actually mildly disappointed by the food. The steaks were flavorful, but not amazing; and both the appetizers were sort of boring. Since its always been hailed as an "inexpensive" steak house, I was also not thrilled that the tab came out to around $60 per person. Oh, Michael Bauer, my faith in you dwindles a little bit every day.

Heather and I wanted to play pool, so we said goodbye to the boys and headed to the Crow Bar. Being the super dive that it is, it didn't have any heating, so after one round in our winter coats, we were too frozen to stay.

A Casual Dinner with Friends
Tonight, despite having a migraine most of the day, I headed over to John and Belinda's for dinner. Yum! Now THAT was good food! It was a nice evening with friends over great food and wine... and some riotous stories about John and Belinda when they were dating and on their wedding day.

Overall, its been a fantastic week. Now... to just battle this sore throat!

0 comments:

 

About