Powered by Blogger.

2.14.2005

a happy valentine's day

I had serious doubts about how Valentine's Day was going to turn out this year. The weather was nasty, I'd been teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown for the last week. Even the freaky pro-abstinence folks decided to use V-day to make a statement this year.

After fighting with some pretty ugly traffic, I made a mad dash into the shower and went to pick up my hot Valentine's date - Martha! Martha and I have agreed - we're both the best dates each of us have had in years - so I was excited to spend my V-day with her. Even though we barely made our 7:45 reservations at Andalu's, it was well worth the rush: We snacked on tiny ahi tuna tacos in crisp tortilla shells, a wonderful white fish in a light hoisin-like sauce, and topped it off with a decadent chocolate molten cake accompanied by homemade banana ice cream. We even got little heart cookies with our bill!





*** Rating: 3.5 out of 5 cowbrains ***

span >The best part about my day was realizing just how completely incredible my girlfriends are. Yeah, guys have their buds, and I adore my guy friends, but any Desperate Housewives fan can tell you - there ain't nothin' like a great girlfriend. Martha, Miriam, Michelle - I couldn't do it without you. *Big hug*


All in all: Good hair + great food + amazing friends = one very happy Valentine's Day.

0 comments:

 

About