Powered by Blogger.

7.03.2006

mitm diaries, 2006

For the third year, I spent two straight weeks at Dance Mission Theatre, performing in the community hip hop show Mission in the Mix. I have to admit, I was less enthused going into it than I have been in previous years. Ironically, my laissez-faire attitude helped me mellow out - therefore, making me a better dancer :-)

This year, we were in two pieces: "Fire" and "Jammy Jam". Both were fun to the extreme. For "Fire", we had to dress in red and black flame themed clothes... and be HOT. I swear, I've shopped at more stores for strippers, prostitutes, bikers and punk-wannabees for this costume! I ended up making my own damn shirt - and I use the word "shirt" loosely - complete with red-tipped 'fro, black fishnets, red velvet hotpants, and legwarmers.


Me and Courtney, hot like fire ;-)

Jammy Jam was adorable. We dressed in PJ's (Hello Kitty for me, of course). Thank god, because if I had to run around for 2 costumes, I might have just quit! Fire was the more interesting dance piece, but I enjoyed Jammy Jam more, mostly because my costume was so comfy, and I didn't have to worry about taping my boobs in for fear of my shirt falling off.


Jake, me, Courtney, Joy, Alex, Sipei, Alice

Highlights:
  • Bert and his myriad of costumes, as usual. His opening with the stuffed lion was hilarious.


    Bert and Simba

  • Courtney, our resident diva, dancing side-by-side with Navin, a tough guy if you ever saw one. Together, they were our superstars.


    Courtney, Jake and Navin

  • Forgetting most of my costume on opening night. Had to run down to the corner store and buy the most passable blue shirt... I looked like I was super fresh off the boat!

  • The flame decoration on Kristin's pants. Looks deceivably like glitter glue, but is actually a thong tied to her leg!


    Kristin shows off her thong tha-thong thong thong

  • Tripping over Bert and landing on my face in the dark during tech. ("OWW!" "You okay?" "Yes - sorta." "Sorry!") We decided to stage our Jammy Jam entrance after that.

  • Ass shaking girls. 'Nuff said.


    [L-R] Priyanka, Avril, Sophia, Serena, Tara, Jesse

  • Coochie-touching girls. Too much said.

  • Showing up on Friday with cupping bruises on my back. I'd forgotten all about the fact that I was wearing a tube top until about 5 mins after Michelle put the cups on me. Fernando attempted to cover it up with makeup, to no avail.


    Fernando tried his best


  • Fernando and his duct-taped costume

  • Matt's kick-ass choreography for that song by the Swollen Members. I kid you not.


    The boys of Group 2 and their, um, Swollen Members


  • The Burrito Club of me, Alex and Tara


    Alex and I looooove our burritos

  • Wyan looking like he's 4 years old in his Sponge Bob PJs


    Wyan, SpongeBob and Avery


  • The 2 Serenas and our matching Hello Kitty costumes

All in all, I'm going to miss seeing peeps every weekend... or day... or hour :-) And dancing with people born in the 90's. The NINETIES. Dear God, I was in college in the 90's.



*sniffle*

1 comments:

Alex said...

Awesome. I miss everyone more than I thought I would! Ok, ok, I miss the burritos too. How's your detox going?

 

About