Powered by Blogger.

11.06.2006

and the beat goes on...

I'm in a surprisingly good mood today. This morning, I ran into a co-worker at a coffee place next door to work. "Happy Monday... is it a good morning?" he greeted me. "It will be, if we want it to be," I exclaimed.

Even though there were definitely some frustrations with work (as usual), I feel like I've finally closed a chapter in my life and I'm ready to move on. This weekend, while highly emotional and difficult, helped me realize a lot of things going on with me and Neandy, and about myself. I'm still not ready to talk to anyone about it, but its a good step forward to moving on.

After I posted last night, Neandy and I had an out-and-out showdown regarding the boundaries of our friendship. It was hard, but (a) I think I finally got all the frustration and resentment I'd been harboring for the last year off my chest, and (b) I'd rather not invest more in him emotionally, even as a friend, if he's not on the same page. Both of us agreed that we're not speaking for a month. After that, we shall see. But its out there, I'm not walking away with anything left unsaid, and I feel liberated.

*~*~*~*
I continued along on my goal to make working out a habit. I didn't make it to kickboxing tonight - too tired, stayed too late at work, but I got home and did some serious yoga. I tried the Solar Flow on my yoga dvd, and man did it kick some ass! At one point, I was sweating so much that I had to pause and grab a towel! I didn't make it through the whole workout, but about 30 mins of some serious vigorous work and another 15 of more stretchy-relaxy stuff. Most important is that I did it. Yay me.

0 comments:

 

About