Powered by Blogger.

1.27.2007

mes amis, ma gloutonnerie

On Friday, Ingrid, Rob, John and I headed to Les Amis for a Dine About Town lunch. It was a leisurely 1.5 hour feast, that included 3 courses of food, food, food.

For appetizer, Rob and I got the White Asparagus Soup, while John and Ingrid both opted for the Butter Lettuce Salad. The soup, while good, was a tad too bland... maybe it was missing the crab that is included in the dinner version? Three of us, including me, got the Flank Steak with Fries, while John tried the Bouillabaise. But the good stuff was at the end: a choice between Profiteroles with Mocha Ice Cream or a Pineapple Tart Tartine.

Verdict? So-so. Its not something that I would have paid super-money for - nothing special in the magnificent landscape of San Francisco dining. But for $22 - and the company - it was worth the price.


Rob and John, going all Blue Steel


Me and Ingrid, looking... not here


Mes Amis


Ingrid and the profiteroles

*~*~*~*
In any case, after the week I've had, I needed it.

Its been a rough, stressful week, so it was nice to relax and have a long lunch with my friends to put a positive spin at the end. Maybe part of the reason I wasn't so thrilled with my Steak and Frites was because I'd been eating fries all week, as part of my emotional eating, which included a burger (with fries), a crepe (with fries), and a burrito (without fries but plenty of tortilla chips).

Thankfully, by Friday things seemed to be mostly resolved, if not altogether comfortable. But that didn't stop me from continuing on my path of gluttony! Friday evening, Carol and I headed over to the Marina for a glass of wine at Nectar, which turned into a small and bread-filled meal at Isa. This afternoon, I met up with Nathan for an impromptu late lunch at Chez Maman, to be followed shortly with a Robusteam Reunion at Lingba.

Needless to say, I was NOT on plan last week, not in the slightest. However, I am determined to start this week on the right foot - even if there is dim sum on Monday for Brent's going away.

0 comments:

 

About