Powered by Blogger.

7.19.2006

vive la italian food

Last Friday, Carol invited me to Bastille Day festivities at Belden Place. We weren't able to book a table at either Plouf or Cafe Claude, so we went to Cafe Tiramisu. Which was good, because we just happened to be talking about Italian reds earlier that day, and I had my heart set on a nice glass.

I met some of Carol's friends that night: Brad, Lucas and his girlfriend, and Cayce, who is interning for the summer here (she's an MBA student at Wharton). Cayce is super cool. We bonded over the mozarella, and agreed to hit up some good restaurants before she leaves in mid-August. Brad and the other guy, who looks like Will Ferrell and whose name escapes me, were also very nice.


Me and Carol


Cayce and Brad


Food wasn't extraordinary (see my Yelp review), but it was pretty good. I had a whole bass, which was light and delish. Of course, I took a picture of it :-)



We had planned to go to Irish Bank afterwards, to continue the tradition of celebrating French independence at a pub, but after we say the ridiculous line, we headed for Medjool instead. I've actually never hung out indoors there, with the exception of the Aperol party, so I have to say that I like Medjool more now that its more than a roof deck with hairy Eastern Europeans groping me. Overall, it was a nice, wine-filled evening.


"Will" and Caitlin

0 comments:

 

About