Powered by Blogger.

7.23.2006

impromptu vacation

This weekend, I went on an unexpected, but much appreciated vacation. Carolyn has some friends of the family who live in Napa, and they asked her to dog sit. Since they have a pool and it promised to be gorgeous, I readily packed my bags and headed north.

The house we stayed in was utterly ridiculous. Its a mansion - no two bones about it. It has 5 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, a 4 car garage, a humungous yard, built-in grill, and an Olympic sized pool. Not only that, but in the smaller wing of the house, they have a full studio apartment - complete with kitchen, living room and all - where guests or the nanny can stay.


This picture does not do the house justice... mostly because my camera is too puny!


Erica came up on Friday night as well, and we headed up out for wine tasting and lunch on Saturday am. After a disappointing tasting at Herr Newsom's PlumpJack winery, we had much more satisfying experiences as Clos du Val and Silverado, where we were treated like royalty by one tremendously nice server.


"No no! I don't like white wine!" complains Carolyn


Me and Caro and some humungous aloe


The gorgeous view from Silverado


The rest of the weekend was spent lounging by the pool. I acquired a very nice golden brown color, and a not so nice tan line. Carolyn unfortunately got burnt, even with the SPF 4 she was wearing (!!!!). Erica, fair as they come, didn't even chance it - she was covered from head-to-toe despite the 100-degree heat.


The pool


Erica


Caro


Me + Trashy Novel


Besides getting away from it all, and having a chance to just lounge and read trashy romance novels, I got to spend quality time with some very cute puppies! Ok, one of them was a total jerk, but I did get quite attached to Sammy...


Sammy!

... and it only made me miss my baby more!

More pics of the magnificent house here.

0 comments:

 

About