Powered by Blogger.

12.24.2005

a very doggie christmas

My baby Brindo welcomed me home last night by peeing all over me.

It must be love if I think that's cute :-)

I am so happy to be home with the puppies. Brindo's grown so much - he's a champion eater - and Bennie has really mellowed out. Observing the two of them is actually quite educational... I'm not altogether sure that I want to have more than one child now, considering the amount of energy we all spend to make sure they both feel equally loved.

Today, the doggie bowls that I painted for them arrived. So cute! Yeah, they look like they were made by a retarded kindergartener, but as A said, "They're dogs. They're not going to know the difference."

(Pics coming... no hookup for camera here.)

And yet, despite A's contention that dogs are color blind and can't read, they both recognize their bowls.

Being home has been pretty nice so far. I gave my mom my credit card so that I wouldn't be tempted to go out shopping while I was here. It helps that for the time being, I have no clean underwear or bras, so I can't leave the house anyway. I told all of my friends that I wasn't leaving the house. This week is for bschool apps ONLY. I even skipped out on the family Christmas dinner at Uncle Charlie's so I could have some quiet time.

The heater also broke, so we're around the space heater that dad bought. The guy's supposed to come tomorrow and fix it, but I'm starting to wonder if my parents are trying to tell me something. A couple of years ago, when I came home in for 4th of July, the a/c broke. This is not even remotely as miserable... it was 102 degrees all weekend, with 10 people in the house. We had to go to the mall and sit in the car just so we could cool down for a spell!

OK, back to apps. I swear.

0 comments:

 

About