Powered by Blogger.

12.29.2005

"my dog ate my power adapter"

There's a reason why we call him Brindo T. Preston: The "T" is for TROUBLE.

I was sitting at my desk, working on my apps stuff, when the screen suddenly dimmed and I heard a strange beeping noise. I looked down, and there was Brindo, looking at me with that face when he knows he's done something wrong. Next to him was the power adapter and a pool of doggie spit.

"BRINDO!" I yelled, and he scurried away. He knew he was due for a spanking.

I nearly had a panic attack. I won't be going back into the office until Jan 3rd, and I've got four apps to finish before then. Without a power supply, I was screwed - my parents don't have a computer.

Frantically, I called Dell. An obnoxious customer service rep informed me that no retailer sells Dell batteries or adapters, and that it would take about a week for them to ship it to me. I was even willing to pay a rush fee, but no dice. "Well, I'M never buying a Dell, that's for sure," I snapped. I hung up on him as he started to lecture me - AGAIN - about how Dell is superior to other laptops.

A call to the Helpdesk didn't net anything either. "No, I'm not joking," I said, when the guy started laughing. "My dog really ate my power supply."

Unfortunately, no one who would have an adapter was in the office. At this point, I started contemplating buying a new computer, just so I could finish my apps.

I went downstairs, ready to give Brindo a spanking. But one look at that face, and I couldn't do it. Luckily, Dad walked in while I as debating with myself, and did something magical that fixed the wires. I'm back on again, but I'm leaving my cord high up where the dog can't reach it.

0 comments:

 

About