Powered by Blogger.

12.20.2005

its just like 1999!

Let's see...

  • I love my job
  • I'm working downtown
  • I've just moved into a new place and it feels a bit like corporate housing (mostly b/c both roomies are gone)
  • My boyfriend is in Japan for New Years
  • Its raining cats and dogs
  • I'm looking forward to more changes in the upcoming year

Actually, its a bit like 2002 as well - except I was looking forward to the New Year because I'd just broken up with my boyfriend and was happy to be myself again :-) And, well, I was in Seattle at the time, which gives a whole new meaning to RAIN. (Think Noah's Ark.)

But there's one big difference between 1999, and even 2002 - I'm happy. In 1999, I was miserable because I'd just moved to SF, didn't know anyone, thought NY was the only place to live, and had to work out next to nasty, Diet Coke-guzzling dot-com developers at 24 Hour Fitness. Now, I have great friends, a boyfriend that actually makes me happy, not angsty, a robust social life (yes, Robusteam - I said that for you!), a beautiful new apartment, and a job that I love.

Plus, I'm just happier with myself in general.

In the past 3 days, I've realized what a terrific year its been. Finally, I think I'm shedding some of the old baggage and clutter that I've held onto - and we're talking emotional, friend-wise, and material-wise. Of course, its had its ups and downs - and being stressed out for FOUR STRAIGHT MONTHS due to bschool apps and GMATs was not the most fun I've ever had. But that's stress I can handle. Besides, it'll be worth it when I get into Harvard.

I guess I should finish my app first ;-)

P.S. Its so nice to actually live in a place where the shower doors both open, the bath mat doesn't get stuck under the door, the heater actually warms you up, the house doesn't smell like pot at 8 am, and there are no homeless people camped on your doorstep. Did I tell you that I love my new place?

0 comments:

 

About