Powered by Blogger.

12.22.2005

painting dog bowls

Last night, I went over to Terra Mia to paint dog bowls. My mother was telling me how Bennie and Brindo were fighting over the food, and I was wondering why they were sharing a bowl. So I decided to get them custom dog bowls for Christmas.

Yes, its sad that I spent more time and effort on Christmas presents for my puppies than for my family or my boyfriend.

Despite the torrential downpour and the rush (I only had 45 mins, as I was meeting Karen for dinner), painting was a blast. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown yesterday because of delays in product releases at work. Painting was amazingly relaxing, and I'm definitely planning on going back when I have more time... I might even make it a regular relaxation exercise!

Of course, I have absolutely no talent, so the dog bowls look like they've been painted by 5 year olds :-)

Afterwards, I rushed over to Chez Papa to meet Karen for dinner. I wanted foie gras, but they had already sold out the last one! Wah! We more than overcompensated by killing a bottle of wine between us and spending $99 on dinner per person. "I have to see you less often," Karen remarked as she tucked away her credit card. "Its expensive going out with you." Thankfully, the dinner, the company and the painting made me feel SO much better.

0 comments:

 

About