Powered by Blogger.

6.23.2005

helloooooo kitty

So... I have really exciting news, but I'm going to wait until its official before posting. But suffice to say, today began my two week celebration - which I kicked off with dinner with Martha, and playing with a new friend!

Martha's been gone traveling for the last couple of months - she's preparing to move to Germany at the end of July, so she went to Munich to find an apartment with Stefan. Anyhow, she's finally back, and we caught up over dinner at A16.

We started off with a carafe of excellent Syrrah before settling in at our table. The first thing we noticed is that we didn't understand barely anything on the menu. I mean, it was mostly in English, but every other word was in Italian. "What's a burrata?" we wondered.

I settled on the Roasted Young Chicken, and Martha got the Margherita Pizza with Prosciutto. "I'm a purist when it comes to pizza," she said. We decided to share the starter special, asparagus drizzled with asiago cheese and toasted hazelnuts. It was pretty amazing, I have to say.

My chicken was very tender, and surprisingly went better with the aragula than without. Martha's pizza was good - but a little too rich - and we ended up splitting most of that. The star of the night was the dessert: An almond torte topped with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.

I got home, ready to flop into bed with my new brainless novel, but was greeted by a furry little visitor. Megan was over, and brought her new kitty - Pebbles - with her! Pebbles is the cutest thing (next to my Bennie, of course), only 7 weeks old and very, very curious.












But despite his cuteness, I started to feel neglected after 5 minutes... I'm so used to my Bennie being super excited to see me and plopping herself in my lap for hours. I guess I'm just a dog person.

0 comments:

 

About